Request Family Access

Can I view a family member's health record in MyChart?

Yes, you can. This is called proxy access and allows a parent (or guardian) to log in to their personal MyChart account and then connect to information regarding their family member. The quickest way to set this is up is to have the person who wants to share their record log in to their MyChart account, select Share My Record from the main Menu and follow the prompts to send an invitation. Another option would be to complete a Proxy Consent Form and return it to one of our medical facilities to request access to this convenient service. Select the link to the form below that best fits your situation. If you want the ability to e-sign your MyChart Proxy form, please email for more info.

  • Children ages 0-11 Click HERE
  • Children ages 12-17 Click HERE
    • If you want full access to your teen child’s account, please have your child sign the form. Your access will be limited without your child’s signature. Full access to your child’s account will expire in one year. You will need to submit another authorization form at that time.
  • Adults ages 18 and over Click HERE
    • Please have the person you are requesting access for sign the form. You will not receive access without this signature. Proxy access will expire in one year. You will need to submit another authorization form at that time.

Mail or email completed forms to:

Essentia Health
Health Information Services, West Annex-HIS-45
400 East Third Street
Duluth, MN 55805
Phone: 877-231-1985 (option 2)
Fax: 218-786-6658

Can I have proxy access to an Essentia patient if I am not an Essentia patient?

Yes. You will need to complete and submit a form to create your MyChart account AND one of the 3 proxy access forms mentioned above. Click HERE for the form to create your MyChart account and submit the form using the contact information above.

Return to Top